You are invited to participate in a lifting meet taking place at CrossFit Oakland on Sunday, 13 April 2014 at 8:00 AM. Competitors will take up to three attempts to establish their best squat, press, and deadlift. The meet will be run like a powerlifting meet, but competitors will perform a standing press instead of the bench press. The meet will cost $55 and is not sanctioned by any powerlifting federation. Sign-ups are available online.
A full set of rules will be made available on or before March 15, but the following will be features of the competition:
- Attendance will be capped at thirty-two competitors.
- Lifters will have a two-hour period before the competition begins to weigh-in.
- A weightlifting singlet will be required.
- The only supportive equipment allowed will be shoes, belts, neoprene knee sleeves, and wrist wraps.
- All deadlifts will be done conventionally, with the feet inside of the hands.
Additional details will be made available on this page. All participants will receive a t-shirt. Winners in the following divisions will be calculated using the Wilks Coefficient:
- Women’s Lightweight (less than 75 kg/166 lb)
- Women’s Heavyweight (75 kg/166 lb and above)
- Men’s Lightweight (less than 100 kg/221 lb)
- Men’s Heavyweight (100 kg/221 lb and above)
- Women’s Overall
- Men’s Overall
I am looking for help with judging, spotting, and loading for the meet. If you are interested in helping out, please let me know by getting in touch via the contact form on this site. I hope to see you there.